The Wellington at Southport senior living services
At our senior community, you can choose the right amount of support and services you need to age in place.
For older adults who need hands-on help with daily activities of living like bathing, grooming, dressing, moving around and taking medications. You’ll also enjoy nutritious meals and housekeeping services. We offer:
- 24-hour staffing
- Regular personal care assessments
- Access to a choice of home health agencies
- Bathing and dressing assistance
- Incontinence care
- Medication management
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Meals served daily
- Wellness, walking, balance and exercise classes
- Recreational activities and entertainment
- Escort and transfer assistance
Our specialized program, Magnolia Trails™, goes beyond the typical management of Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia by providing care for the whole person–mind, body and spirit. Our caregivers work with families and their loved ones’ health care providers to create a unique plan for each resident.
We tailor the days to meet seniors where they are at each moment. From daily interactions and activities to the environment and food, every aspect of the experience we provide is centered on the resident.
Schedule a tour
FSSA (Family and Social Services Administration) is issuing The Wellington at Southport funding to support our direct service workforce in the amount of $132,763.17. We plan to use the funding in the following three ways to invest in our Direct Service Workers (DSW):
- Bonuses: To provide immediate support to our workforce, we plan to issue bonuses to DSWs. We will dedicate 15% or greater of the grant amount towards this activity. These bonuses will be in place throughout 2023.
- Hourly wage increase: As a part of our long-term strategy, we will be increasing hourly wages for all DSWs in 2023. We will dedicate 40% of the grant amount towards this activity. The hourly wage increase will be issued based on current salary and hire date.
- Benefits: In order to relieve some of the pressure of increased cost of living expense, we authorized a free meal program. We are initiating a discretionary 401(k) match in 2023, and changing our PTO program, as well as offering employee engagement activities as part of our recruitment and retention efforts. We will dedicate 40% of the grant amount towards these activities as they will increase costs to the company.
Our goal is to use the funding as soon as possible so that we can provide immediate funding to support our workforce. We are aiming to spend all funding by December 31, 2023. Please reach out to Goodwell Chavunduka, [email protected], with any questions regarding how the funds will be spent.